Wednesday 17 April 2019

Letter Sounds (of colours) Car Park


After the success of our first letter sound activity, I set up this second one for my little boy a few days back. This one too revolved around letter sounds but with a little twist. I set this game up like a fun car parking activity since my son loves parking his little cars and in fact just like watching actual vehicles being parked!


I used a long sheet of paper on which I drew a little track or a ramp. At the far end I added a few parking slots. On each parking slot, I added a sticky note and wrote a letter written on each. I placed a few of his toy cars at the other end of the ramp. 


He was to identify the colour of each car and then figure out the starting letter of the colour of the car, 'drive' it down the ramp and finally park the car in the corresponding car park marked with that sticky note letter! That is, Green car - G, Orange car - O, Brown / Blue / Black car - B etc. 


And so, he had fun with his little cars while practicing some letter sounds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment