Wednesday 17 April 2019

Guess the Letter - a Touch and Feel Game


I have been wanting to try a touch and feel activity with the Mini for a while now. An activity mainly focusing on his sense of touch. So, I had planned this particular game as a blindfold game initially, but turns out the little fellow is afraid of the dark and simply refused to wear the blindfold! 

Well...so, I had to DIY an empty cardboard box as plan B!


I cut out openings on the sides of the box and placed a bowl full of wooden letters inside. I made sure the Mini couldn't see the letters. He had to put his hands inside the box through the side cutouts and just touch each letter, feel it and try to guess without peeping! 


It took him a few attempts to understand the game and then he was on a roll! Honestly, it amazed me that he was able to do this activity way better than I had imagined. I did not think at 3 he would be able to get the concept and actually get going with the guessing. But he did! I am proud of my little guy and am glad I did try this with him.



The game was a huge hit with him, that he went on and on... Here he goes! :)



How I set it up:
  • I cut out little slots on the sides of a cardboard box. The box already had an opening in the front.
  • I placed the box on a little stool and made the Mini sit behind the box. The height was just perfect such that he could easily slip his hands inside the side cutouts while sitting in a comfortable position. 



  • Now, I placed a little bowl inside and dumped in a few wooden letters and asked the little guy to pick on up and guess by just touching and feeling it.
  • Once he guessed, I took it from him and placed it outside and asked him to proceed with the next letter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment