Thursday 3 May 2018

Hoppy Hoppy Colour Match

And we are back with yet another fun toddler game! So this particular game has two main advantages:

  • Toddler entertainment.
  • Mommy workout!

So all you mommies needing a workout but do not have time away from mommying, get down there and play this game with your little ones! :D


I noticed my son loves it when I get down there and participate in the play with him instead of just explaining how it's done and asking him to play. Also, the energy level is super high these days, I need to channelise it productively! Also, lately colour matching interests him a lot, next only to identifying letters.

So, to cater to all these little aspects, I set up this little colour match game in our balcony. It just needs a few colourful plastic balls and tiny colourful baskets. The game caught my little guy's attention and we had a fun filled hoppy time playing this!

Watch us hop around and play in the video at the end of the post. After a few rounds of playing, you can see the mini's hopping turns into scraping against the wall! :D 


Yup it definitely was tiring! That day, mommy needed a nap too! :)


Here is us hopping away and having fun:



Read on to know how we played this game...
How we played the game:
  • I set up 5 differently coloured (Orange, Red, Green, Blue and Yellow) baskets at one end of our balcony. 
  • Then, I gathered 10 balls ( 2 of each colour) into a big bowl and set it up on the opposite end of our balcony.

  • Now, my Mini and I picked up one ball each from the big bowl of balls and hopped our way to the other end where the baskets were kept. 

  • We then place the balls in the corresponding basket of matching colour.
  • Once done, we turn around and hopped back to the big bowl of balls to pick our next ball.
  • We repeated this process till all the balls were transferred from the big bowl to the corresponding coloured baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment