Wednesday 2 May 2018

Stacking and Target Practice Game


About two weeks back, just about half hour or so to his bed time, my little boy and I were playing with his foam puzzles. These are ABC foam puzzles that interlock just like regular jigsaw puzzles and which can be attached from all four sides and so can be made into different shapes and 2 structures. 


So after playing with them as usual, we were sort of bored and that's when I got an idea of stacking it all up and getting my little guy to throw a soft ball at the structure with the aim to tumble it down! Ah, sounded fun when the idea played in my head! 

In less than 5 minutes, we were at it and having a ball of a time.... OH, the fun we had!!! Never mind it was less than half an hour for bedtime, we shared some hearty laughs while the mini's little hands got some little workout by all that throwing and in the process some hand-eye coordination exercise happened too. All, while having loads of fun!


Read on to know how we played this game...

How we played the game:
  • I gathered all the little foam puzzle pieces.
  • Got the mini to help me stack all the piece into one tall tower.
  • Then, I sat him a little away, about 10 steps away from the stacked tower and handed him a soft ball. 
  • I asked him to throw a soft ball right at the center of the tower to make it fall! 




  • Sounds simple and easy? For a little toddler who is still mastering his gross motor skills, this was way more difficult yet fun than what we adults think. It took him several attempts and tries to get the tower to fall. He did not give up until he had the tower down even if it meant walking upto the tower and banging it down !! :D
This was the first of the many games that I came up with to entertain my mini which also doubles up as motor skills and early learning activity! Stay tunes for more such fun posts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment