Thursday 3 May 2018

Mixed Basket - Objects Hunt


My Mini is currently on a vocabulary-building spree. Everyday he picks up at least 5 new words these days! He points at random items and asks for their names. 

Every night when I dress him up for bed, he pints and asks what his shirt is called and what his pants are called. I would answer 'Night Shirt' and 'Night Pant'. He would want me to repeat it a few times and then smile back. A few nights back, I answered with just 'Shirt' not really realising it and immediately 'Night Shirt' came the reply! It was the very first time he was saying those words and I was pleasantly surprised :) It just goes to show how much these little ones absorb by just listening to us speak to them.


So one evening last week, with things lying around the house, I put together this 'Mixed Basket' game for him. I gathered random items and put them all into a plastic basket. He has taken a liking for the white board that we recently got for him. So, I just wrote the names of the objects on the board and called them out a couple of times. He doesn't read yet, but the process of seeing me write on the board made it more exciting for him. He enjoyed identifying letters from the words I wrote and fishing out the related object.


He loved doing this over and over again! And I loved the glee on his face when he related to the correct object when I called out its name! Thankfully no workout for mommy in this game! :D ðŸ˜„


Read on to know how we played this game...

How we played the game:
  • I gathered random objects that he is familiar with like a spoon, hat, plate, comb, his toy elephant etc. and put these into a big plastic basket.
  • Then, I set up our white board next to the basket and wrote the name of one of the objects that is inside the basket, while calling out the letters as a I wrote and finally calling out the name of the object that I just wrote.
  • The little guy looked through the basket and pulled out the correct object that I just wrote and handed it to me.


  • We repeated this till we had emptied the basket. After which he would comfortably get inside and settled in the basket! Yes, every single time that we played this! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment