Sunday 1 September 2019

Funny Hairdo - Straw Blow Art


Every now and then I try to set up an artsy craftsy activity for the little guy. He shows as much interest in these, as with the other games that I plan for him. So that makes it even more fun for me to put these together for him. I look for ideas and inspirations that require minimal prep and simple to execute craft projects for him, as hes only 3.6 currently so it should be doable by him with minimal help from me.


This art project really caught my attention and I immediately set it up for him. I did have to help him all through - drawing the face, splotching on paint dabs onto the paper and also with the blowing! But he enjoyed the process and we had fun together :)

Here is how we did it:
  • I drew an outline of a face on craft paper.

  • We then dabbed on some paint on the hairline. Make sure the paint is slightly watery in consistency (as the coloured water needs to drip away when blown on, in the next step!)
  • Now, using a straw, we blew as hard as we could at the watery paint pointing away towards the top of the head.

We blew blew blew,
Till we got a funny hairdo,
On the little face I drew! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment