Saturday 31 August 2019

Playdough Kits

Construction Site Playdough Kit

Recently I came across this interesting concept of Playdough Kits and we love them! It's basically putting together loose parts along with playdough based on different themes, as open ended play invitations. Playdough has always been loved by my boy, with these kits I am primarily trying to tingle his creativity and give new play dimensions to good old playdough!

Cupcake Playdough Kit
I am big on organizing and absolutely love a good storage solution! The box I use for my Playdough Kits is a dry fruits box I got on Amazon. The mat is a silicon baking mat from Ikea. It is perfect for playdough play, zero mess!

City Playdough Kit
I let these kits sit in his play shelf for a couple of days until the interest is alive. He pulls them out himself and sits to play. I have a box full of loose parts that I store away, and intent to use in these kits on rotation. After play, we ensure everything is back in its place until next play session. 

Land and Sea Playdough Kit
These have worked great for us, so sharing here for anyone else who may be interested! :)




Do check our newer post, "Playdough Kits - Some More" for a few more kits that we put together! :)
Here are the kits I put together so far, using simple craft items, existing toys and stuff lying around the house. Will share more as we go. 


Construction Site Playdough Kit
  • Toy construction vehicles, 
  • Toy signboards and cones, 
  • Pebbles and stones, 
  • Roller
  • Truck shaped cookie cutter
  • Brown playdough.



Cupcake Playdough Kit
  • Plastic candles
  • Beads
  • Pompoms
  • Cupcake liners
  • Tiny spoons and bowls, 
  • Cupcake tray
  • White, orange and yellow playdough. 







The play eventually evolved into a fine motor skills activity when he used his little tongs to pull out beads 'chocochips' out of his cookie! :) 




City Playdough Kit

  • Domino blocks building (I just drew little windows on regular domino blocks using a CD writer pen)
  • Plastic trees
  • Straw bits
  • Toy city vehicles
  • Pebbles
  • White and blue playdough.






Land and Sea Playdough Kit

  • Pebbles
  • Plastic trees, 
  • Animal and birds figurines
  • Craft sticks
  • Roller and Cutter
  • Blue and green playdough. 




Loose Parts Storage

I have a partitioned storage box in which I store away all random loose parts, which I feel would go well with playdough play and intent to use in these playdough kits on rotation. 


When not in play, the playdough kit just sits in his play area with its lid on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. Nans !! Love the way you are imbibing creativity into your lil one..

    ReplyDelete