Sunday 10 March 2019

Shape Sorting Fishing Game| Toddler Games


When the Mini was littler, I had bought this set of lacing buttons and rope toy for him. He showed absolutely no interest and so they just sat at the back of his toy shelf for a long long time. Recently, an idea struck me and I decided to re-purpose the shape discs from the lacing set for a fun little game that I was sure will be a hit with him.... and it was!! :)


He loves his shapes and colours and a complete water baby who loves water play! So putting these together, I set up this Shape Sorting Fishing game for him. All I used for this game, was a big plastic container filled with water, the coloured shape discs from the lacing set and a strainer from his beach set! It took me all of 2 minutes to set this up and kept him busy for a long time, as he wanted to do it over and over again! And I was just happy that I could re-purpose an ignored old toy!! :)


How we played the game:
  • I filled a big plastic container with water and dumped all the coloured discs into it.
  • Then, I placed four smaller empty plastic containers (one for each shape) around the big container.
  • Finally, I handed him the little strainer and told him to fish out the discs one by one and place them in one of the four empty containers sorting by shape. Actually the sorting here can be based on shape or colour, we just went by shape.


That was it! Simple, yet fun! He had a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment