Sunday 24 March 2019

Colour Matching Dry Transfer Activity


When the Mini was as little as 15 months old, I had made this Chunky Puzzle for him out of cardboard. This was his first ever puzzle and I was super impressed with the way he nailed it in just the first attempt! Little did I know back then that it was just the start to his love affair with puzzles! :)



So a year later, when the little guy was around 27 months old, I set up this activity for him, which uses only the base of the chunky puzzle and a few lentils and beads. The objective of the activity was colour matching. Transferring of items is an activity toddlers love! So I mixed up colour matching with transferring and made it a dry transfer colour match activity.


The chunky puzzle board had 4 colours on its base - Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. So to match those colours, I used three different coloured lentils and blue beads. 

I placed the 3 kinds of lentils and blue beads in 4 separate bowls. Kept a tray under the puzzle board to catch any stray items that may fall off during the transfer activity. I then presented the activity to the little guy, handed him a spoon and asked him to just go ahead and match the colours.


Boy, did he love it. 

I was pretty impressed with how neat he was and conscious of not wanting to create any mess by either mixing the differently coloured lentils and beads or dropping them on the floor. It takes a tiny bit of effort to transfer back the lentils/beads back into their cups, but for the fun and learning happening here, I think it is worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment