Friday 26 July 2019

DIY Car Wash


Here is another super simple DIY toy that I made using an empty cardboard box - A Car Wash! With the level of obsession my little boy has for vehicles, I knew this one is going to be a super hit with him and it definitely is! :) 



This little handmade toy is often played with love, by the little one for hours and it is a joy to see him lost in his little world of pretend play. The joy of DIY toys is unparallelled! It gives me such a sense of satisfaction when I am able to make something for my son to play with, using not much but scraps and simple stationery. I am thankful for my constant urge to create and for my passion for DIYing.


If you do have a little vehicle lover at home, and an empty cardboard box lying around, do yourself a favour and make a Car Wash right away! Hours of play for the little one and some me-time for you guaranteed :)

How I made it:

  • I first cut open the top and sides of a cardboard box, leaving them attached at the bottom, thereby making a long path like at both openings. 


  • Then, I cut up some crepe paper in slits and stuck them on either ends of the opening of the box. I made slits on the crepe sheets. These will make the entrance and exit of the car wash.


  • Then, I dressed the box pretty with some wrapping sheet.


  • Stuck a little piece of thermocol and a little name banner on top using a bit of craft paper and toothpicks. Voila! Mini's little Car Wash is ready! :)


Hours of free play followed! And 2 months later, it is still being played with :)






No comments:

Post a Comment