Wednesday 3 April 2019

Number Game: Count - Match - Stick


After our first counting activity, the Pompoms and Muffin Tray Counting activity, I figured the Mini loves counting! So, to keep up with his interest, I planned to do more of such easy to set up and fun activities that involved counting.


So before we go over to the activity, wanted to share an awesome hack I found out recently. I have had an eye on the easel paper roll that is most commonly used for toddler art and craft work. I love the long roll of paper that can be cut to any size and spread over on the floor or wall. But honestly I found the easel paper rolls that are available in India a bit too expensive for my kind of use! I was on the lookout for something more economical. On a recent visit to a packaging and paper cups/plates store, I found this long roll of paper that he was selling. It was meant to be used a dining table liner at functions and parties. It looked longer than a regular easel paper roll only slightly thinner. Also, it was more greyish than white, but who cared. It costed only Rs.70! Without a second thought, I bought it and there you see is our very own easel paper roll for our very many activities and fun times ahead ! :)


So, coming back to this activity, I used a strip of my version of the easel paper roll, a marker pen, sticky notes and our favorite white board. It took me all of 10 minutes to set it up and kept the little one entertained and occupied for about 30 minutes! :)

How I Set it Up:
  • I stuck a long sheet of paper on our balcony wall and roughly divided the sheet into squares. 
  • Using a marker pen, I drew dots (varied in numbers), in each square.
  • I wrote the corresponding numbers on sticky notes and stuck them on to our white board.
  • I placed the white board at the far end of our balcony.



  • Finally, I asked the little guy to count the number of dots in each square and go over to the white board, pick the corresponding number sticky note from the white board, come over to the paper sheet and stick the notes onto respective dots squares.



  • Repeat the process till all the numbers sticky notes are matched to the dots on the sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment