Friday 4 May 2018

Jumping Ropes Obstacles Course


My little fellow loves to crawl through and jump over things. Under the sofa, over the sofa, under the bed, under the dining table, scramble through our legs! A little cheeky monkey we have! :)

Puzzles and ABCs are his other obsessions. He can keep himself busy with these all day. So combining all these little interests of his, I set up this mini obstacles game. It took me just about 10 minutes to set this up! 


This has been his favourite game so far. We did this two times together and I was done for the day! But the Mini asked for it again in the evening and did the full course twice more! Well not complaining, but this time I just chose to be a cheerleader! Phew!


The little obstacles that I set up for this course seem super simple but for tiny little being who are still mastering their balancing skills, this is huge! I loved to see this little fellow make his way through the rope hurdles and gleefully smile when he made it form one end to the other.


Amidst all the fun, the workout those little legs get by playing this game is significant. A whole lot of coordination comes into play through the entire game. And overall, the joy of jumping around with your mini is a joy you have to experience to understand! :) 

So get up and get jumping with those little monkeys of yours!


Read on to know how we played this game...
How we played the game:
  • I cut two pieces of white cotton rope (from my sewing supply) to the measure of the width of our balcony.
  • I marked two points in the middle of the balcony where I intended to tie the ropes, by spacing them out by about a foot.
  • I tied one end of one of the ropes to the grill of the balcony, at my ankle length and taped the other end of the rope to the wall on the opposite side of the grill.
  • Similarly, I tied and taped the other rope, only raised the height to about 2 feet from the ground.
  • I placed a foam puzzle board on one end of the balcony. 
  • Collected the pieces of the puzzles in a tray and placed it on the other end of the balcony.



  • Once everything was set up, I gathered the little monkey of mine and headed to the start point where the puzzle pieces were kept.
  • We picked one puzzle piece each, turned around and headed towards the puzzle board to fix the pieces. At the first hurdle, we bent down below the first rope and then jumped over the second hurdle, the second rope.
  • Finally we reached the puzzle board, where we searched for the corresponding positions and placed the puzzle pieces. 
  • Now, we headed back by jumping over the first rope and bending below the second rope to get our next set of pieces.
  • We repeated these steps till all the puzzle pieces were done!
  • Phew! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment